Saturday, July 11, 2015

My view on the upcoming Batman vs. Superman Movie

I have to start by asking what Batman could possibly do to Superman?

I know, I know, it's only a movie and I need to suspend logic and I'm a complete idiot for nitpicking like this.  I loved the Jurassic Park flicks, and I'm a comic book nerd, so clearly I should be able to let this go because it's pure fantasy.

But I can't.

I've seen the comics and watched the cartoons where Batman has kryptonite stored away for the day when Superman goes rogue.  There are even those comics where Superman GIVES Batman the kryptonite in case he goes over the edge.  So, I buy the fact that Batman may have a ridiculously slim shot of fighting Superman.

All that being said this shouldn't even be a movie.

This is like a child fighting the current MMA champion or one of the seven dwarfs slam dunking a basketball.  Even in a world of fantasy this is a stretch.

Let's look at what could happen if Batman comes within 200 feet of Superman, well out of kryptonite's influence.

-A blast of super cold breath could freeze Batman and anything he's carrying, then he could be punched into powder.

-Nothing physical Batman could do would hurt Superman.  This is the guy who took the initial blows from The Incredible Hulk and Doomsday and didn't flinch.

-We're talking a person with no super powers whatsoever in the "batsuit of the week" facing someone who can fly into the Sun and enjoy it.

Now, let me take a step back and say that I WILL go see the movie and probably enjoy it.  But in a movie where the person most likely to go rogue being Batman faces off against the super powered Boy Scout, I have to ask a few more questions:

-Why would DC possibly pit these two against one another with a Justice League movie in the wings where the two are best friends?

-How are they going to squeeze Lex Luthor and Wonder Woman, and some creature that will take all of them to beat, into one movie?  Yes, it's been leaked that there will be some villain created from General Zod's remains that will be able to combat the Trinity to a standstill.

You may say the answer to how they could pit them against one another in one film and have them be best friends in another is simply because they have to team up against another threat.  If all that is going to happen you can't justify the title Batman vs. Superman.  How can this fight last more than 15 minutes if a storyline has to be built around the two of them, and Wonder Woman, fight a villain created by Lex Luthor?  It sounds like a calamity to me.

Well, we shall see.  I'll definitely comment after I see the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment